Friday, November 4, 2011


Our church's Sunday school meets in a separate little building, just a few steps away from where we meet for the service. This means that when the service gets quiet or the children get particularly enthusiastic, their singing tends to dominate whatever is happening in the service. Today during prayer, they struck up a boisterous rendition of "Father Abraham", a song that my own children used to sing in Sunday school. (If you don't know it, think of it as the Judeo-Christian version of "The Hokey Pokey.") I looked out the corner of my eye and saw that Paul, too was smiling, remembering cute little Lexi and Karen, singing loudly while shaking successive limbs. I will stop smiling sometime tomorrow, when the tune will still be stuck in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment