Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My friend Henny saved my life today. We were walking on the shoulder of the Dangerous Road when the drivers of two cars somewhere behind us got into a fight. As far as we can figure out, one of them rammed into the other. The latter decided to flee by accelerating and passing the cars ahead of him on the right, which put us in his direct path. Henny turned to look, saw the car bearing down on us and tried to pull me out of the way. I had heard a car coming toward us, but, not having looked, tried to pull Henny closer to the side of the road. Fortunately she won. The car side-swiped me as it sped off, but I’ll have only a bruise. Maybe I saved her, too, because the other car sped by on the other side of us, just missing her. We stood there for several minutes, shaking and crying, before we could continue on our way. As we passed by the people who had heard the crash and come out to look, some called out encouraging comments to us like, “Courage” or “Thank God who protected you.”

1 comment:

  1. I am very thankful that you were saved!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete