Friday, January 16, 2009

Yogurt

This afternoon I had about five minutes before I had to be out the door (to go to a "Welcome Cookout" at the hangar), so I decided to make yogurt. If you eat yogurt and don't make it yourself, you should know that you can do so faster than it takes for the grocery clerk to check you out with it - or in my case, faster than I can find my keys to drive to the store. Here's how:
Combine two cups of very warm water (so your finger can stand it, but barely) with one cup of powdered milk. Add 2-4 tablespoons of plain yogurt and stir well. Pour into clean containers, put it in a warm place (like a kitchen counter in Cameroon) and leave it alone for a few hours. Then , from time to time, tip it very gently to see if it has set. When it has, refrigerate it. C'est tout! If you don't have a warm place, it will still work, but it will take a little longer. Make it at night and it should be set when you get up.

No comments:

Post a Comment