Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Food

I go to visit Coneilia while she is at work, and find her (as always) in the kitchen, surrounded by cookies and breads. I tell her that I rarely eat white flour or sugar (dark chocolate and cheesecake exempt, of course) any more, and try to explain about cancer feeding off of high blood sugar. She clearly doesn't like to hear me talk about cancer, so instead I tease her about how she likes to make everything except tortillas. She tells me that her uncle died recently. I ask her if it was her father's brother or her mother's brother. She thinks for a minute, then says it was her father's cousin. When I leave, she gives me a package of Snickerdoodles for Paul.




1 comment:

  1. Snickerdoodles...sounds good. Coneilia's kitchen looks very inviting.

    ReplyDelete